Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lure on Latrobe

 Lure on Latrobe is my favourite place to go when I am in the mood for muesli. They serve what I consider to be one of Brisbane's best breakfast muesli's, 'The Breaky Trifle'. But instead of breakfast I ended up heading to Lure for lunch and was quite excited to see what the menu had to offer. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly waiter who is a fixture of the Lure floor staff (he knows my breakfast order off by heart) and we were seated in the undercover area. Lure's dining area is a converted Queensland style veranda with wooden tables and patio chairs which gives it a real homely feel.

Lunch Menu

As we were given our lunch menus, we placed our drinks order of a skinny cappuccino and a latte then began the tough process of deciding what to have to eat! Lure offers both a set lunch menu and a blackboard menu of specials. The specials on this particular day included a goats cheese and caramelized onion quiche, chicken chowder soup, root vegetable salad, Mediterranean vegetable salad, chicken and cos salad and a salmon and Greek salad. I found myself being drawn more towards the set menu, particularly towards the BLAT, chicken burger and veggie burger. I have been trying to branch out a little lately and as I nearly always order chicken I decided upon the veggie burger. My dining companion also found himself in a similar situation, liking the look of the quiche, beef lasagna and chicken burger. In the end he went with the chicken burger and a bowl of hand cut chips with aoli.

Latte

Skinny Cap
 The coffee came out quickly and was delicious. Lure use my favourite blend, Genovese coffee and I could easily have three or four I think they are that tasty but I controlled myself and stuck to the one. Our lunch arrived promptly, probably within 10 minutes or so of ordering. The veggie burger can take on many forms and combinations varying from cafe to cafe. Lure's came as a home-made veggie patty with tomato, beetroot, carrot, roasted capsicum, grilled eggplant, cucumber, sweet chill, pesto & yogurt on a Turkish bread 'bun'. It was completely delicious, more so than I anticipated. It had a great combination of salty and sweet and the veggies were fresh and well cooked! The chicken burger met with so-so approval, it was good but not great was the feedback. The bowl of hand-cut chips on the other hand didn't last long and  before I knew it my guest had demolished them. I believe his exact words were 'sorry if you wanted chips but they were just so tasty'!

Chicken Burger & Chips with aoli

Veggie Burger
I really enjoyed lunch at Lure and would definitely come back. My only criticism would be that the lunch menu wasn't huge and a couple more options on the set menu would be nice. Lure also had a deli cabinet displaying cheesecake, choc-hazelnut delice, banana & raspberry bread, muffins and chocolate brownies which all looked delicious. If you love coffee, muesli and veggie burgers then Lure is definitely the cafe for you! Actually, even if you just love coffee and quality food Lure is still for you!


Lure on Latrobe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment