Monday, October 24, 2011

Pandemonium Cafe

On Saturday I caught up with a friend over breakfast. My friend suggested we dine at Pandemonium in Paddington and I agreed as I hadn't been to this cafe in over a year. Pandemonium is a 70s style cafe with furniture that reminds me of my grandparents house. They serve all day breakfast, lunch, coffee and sweat treats.
Menu

After a hard morning of exercise we were both more then ready for a satisfying breakfast. Firstly I placed an order for my usual skinny cappuccino but my breakfast companion opted for water as she was feeling quite parched from her morning exercise. Looking over the menu I definitely was in the mood for cold breakfast so without much hesitation I decided on the Natural Muesli topped with natural yoghurt, cinnamon & mixed berries. My friend informed me she was currently having a love affair with feta so was immediately drawn to the spinach & feta omelette with thick cut toast. The menu stated the omelette was made with 3 eggs but not wanting a Rambo sized meal she asked for a 2 egg omelette which the kitchen was more then happy to oblige.


Skinny cap

My skinny cappuccino arrived after a short wait and the froth and chocolate was to die for, the best I have had. It was the perfect pre-crusor to my well made coffee and was a great start to the breakfast. After a short wait both our meals arrived. Unfortunately Pandemonium committed one of my pet hates with the muesli. On the menu it stated the muesli was served with yoghurt but upon arrival it had a dollop of yoghurt and a side of milk. For me, milk and muesli with a dollop of yoghurt doesn't appeal. I asked the waitress if instead of the milk I could have more yoghurt and she kindly obliged, returning with a further serving of yoghurt. The side of yoghurt still wasn't as much as I would expect for a good yoghurt to muesli ratio, leaving my breakfast a bit dry. Also, the serve of mixed berries was fairly minuscule which was disappointing. However, the natural muesli blend was delicious and featured plenty of nuts, rolled oats and dried fruits. It was a different story with the spinach and feta omelette. It was perfectly cooked and the thick cut toast was nicely toasted, this breakfast was a real winner.


Spinach & feta omelette
Natural muesli











Pandemonium is a funky cafe that serves great food. Even though it may not sound like I enjoyed my experience, I have eaten here many times before and never once been disappointed. When it comes to muesli I can be quite picky about how it's served and everyone has there own preference! In my opinion Pandemonium serve Brisbane's best coffee thickshakes and I also rate the omelette's and thin pancakes. I will definitely be back for both of those in the near future.

Pandemonium Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment