Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Salt

I haven't dined at Salt in Rosalie since before the 2011 Brisbane floods but this morning I found myself finally returning to the cafe which used to be one of my absolute favourite places for breakfast and coffee. I was catching up with a friend who suggested we meet at Salt and I was excited as I began reminiscing over all the great meals I had had there.












Arriving about 9am, Salt still had quite a few customers for a Wednesday morning but was nowhere near as busy as they get on a weekend. I had my choice of table and opted for an outside booth. One thing that has not changed about Salt is the way they structure their menu; offering additional lighter options for weekday breakfasts that are not available on weekends. Looking over the menu, it was substantially the same as I remember it with items incurring small changes based on the produce available. I wasn't much in the mood for a heavy breakfast even though the breakfasts I saw coming out of the kitchen looked amazing. I decided to order something smaller from the weekday menu and it being a warmer morning was immediately drawn to the bircher muesli as I remember it being quite good. I also ordered my standard skinny cappuccino and my friend who had already had breakfast opted for an iced coffee to cool down.


Weekday menu
Weekday & Weekend menu

The coffee's appeared with lightening speed and the muesli was quick to follow. The coffee was well made and had delicious froth and chocolate topping. The bircher muesli was amazingly presented and absolutely delicious. As I have mentioned in a previous post, Lure on Latrobe has my favourite breakfast muesli but I think Salt's has just over taken it. The marinated strawberries brought a nice sweetness to the yogurt and worked perfectly with the mango and raisins. I would definitely order this again. As all meals at Salt, the portion size was generous and I was left feeling extremely satisfied.

Iced Coffee

Skinny Cap

Bircher Muesli

I really enjoyed my breakfast and coffee at Salt and was reminded why I used to come here all the time. I can't believe it has taken me so long to come back but I definitely will not let another year go by again before returning!


Salt Food Wine Coffee on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Salt is my fave breaky cafe of all times. I usually go once a week. I do think they need to intro some new dishes to keep it up with the best. Have you thought of a e.g. double baked gruyere souffle sreved with perhaps sauteed mushrooms and/or asparagus. The first baking can be done and refridgerated for 2/3 days and then re baked,with a little cream and grated gruyere for 10 mins. Absolutely delicious and not difficult. Everyone loves an omellette,but salmon with CREAM cheese is very rich. Just some ideas,I will still be back for my potaotoe gallette.

    ReplyDelete