Monday, July 4, 2011

Gossips Wine & Espresso Bar

Gossips Wine & Espresso Bar located in the Toowong Village shopping complex is without a doubt my parent’s favourite cafe. They are serial weekend lunchers at this establishment and every now and again I join them for a meal. The cafe is located in the upper gallery, overlooking the lower levels of the centre. Gossips offer breakfast (all day on weekends), lunch and dinner on Thursdays (late night shopping). The lunch menu is quite extensive offering toasted sandwiches, gourmet Turkish/focaccia/Panini’s, burgers, pizza, salads and soups while the breakfast menu offers all the stock standard options from bacon and eggs to pancakes (no muesli unfortunately).

Skinny Cap
Arriving at the cafe around 12.30pm it was well and truly into full lunch service mode. We seated ourselves and within five or so minutes a waitress was over to take our order. My parent's being regulars at the cafe have their set order so we placed our food and coffee order at the same time. A round of three skinny cappuccino’s and two 'Deli' gourmet toasted Turkish breads consisting of leg ham, sun-dried tomato, olives, avocado and cheese for them and for me the 'New Yorker' toasted focaccia consisting of turkey, avocado, cranberry, lettuce and cheese. On other Gossip lunch occasions I have ordered the Gourmet Lamb Burger, fruit toast with strawberry jam and scrambled eggs with avocado, haloumi and bacon. All of these meals were thoroughly enjoyed, particularly the lamb burger and fruit toast! But I was in a sandwich mood this day.


Turkey Focaccia
The coffee took about 10 minutes to arrive after ordering which I thought was a respectable wait considering how busy the cafe was. Gossips use Piazza Doro Espresso which was smooth, strong and not to hot, just the way I like my coffee to be. In the time it took me to just about finish my coffee our food had arrived. All three sandwiches were perfectly toasted, having a golden texture and crunch to the bread. The Deli toasted Turkish breads were highly enjoyed as usual, I guess this is why they continue to keep ordering them! My New Yorker on focaccia was far tastier then I had anticipated. I love the classic combination of turkey, avocado, cheese and cranberry but the addition of the toasted herbed focaccia bread really impressed.


Deli Turkish
Gossips Wine & Espresso Bar is a great cafe to enjoy a coffee and meal at if you are in the Toowong vicinity. They have a wide range of selections bound to satisfy everyone’s cravings. On looking over the drinks menu I noticed a new addition of gourmet milkshakes including flavours such as hazelnut, white chocolate and rose & lychee which all sound super tempting. For the sweet tooths there are also numerous, cakes, scones and my personal favourite, Byron Bay Cookies for sale at the counter.  Apart from the good food and coffee, a real highlight of Gossips is the service. The wait staff are very friendly, attentive, fast and one of the reasons why my parents go back week after week.


Gossips Wine & Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment